5 tips to clean the blinds
There is a lot of demand for blinds in Dubai. With most of the house decking up in blinds, there is one common question that everyone has. How to clean my blinds? This is million dollar question that almost every has. We are all desperate to know the answers to this question.
People usually have three thoughts when it comes to cleaning their slatted blinds, both vertical and horizontal. So the first thought involves the use of a cloth, water, a dish liquid and your hand. Coming to the second thought, it involves taking your blinds down, soaking them in a bathtub, scrubbing and drying them.
It opines that the first method seems reasonable while the other is extreme. So which one will you use?
The second method is much useful for blinds that are extremely dirty and have not been cleaned for ages. The method is useful when you wish to get a thorough cleaning. Though not very easy, this method is very effective if you want blinds that look as good as new ones.
So if you have decided to bring down your blinds and give them some deep cleaning, here are some tip that will be useful for you. Follow them before to start off with in cleaning your blinds:
- Your first step is to use a vacuum. Start doing it with using a brush attachment on the hose of your vacuum cleaner. Now, once you are ready, gently swipe every individual blind. One thing to note is that the task will be painstakingly boring. So put some music on and go on with the task.
- If you don’t want to vacuum the area, then you can clean it using your hands. Just grab a pair of tongs and tape a sock to each side. Just pinch an individual blind and then run the tongs along. You can pull of quite a bit of dust with this method.
- If you don’t want to use a cleaner that is available off the counter, you can go for a homemade cleaner. All you need to do is to add a few drops of your liquid kitchen soap into a small amount of warm water. For greasy stains that build up on the blinds, you can just add a tablespoon of baking soda and mix well. You can now clean the blinds using a clean cloth that is dipped in the mixture. You can achieve better results by wringing the cloth and scrubbing away the dirt.
- Once you are done with vacuuming, dusting and de-greasing of your blinds, you have to follow an important step. Always make sure that you run a dry cloth along your blinds. Do it thoroughly to avoid drips and dust streaks.
- You could hire a professional to do the task for you. If you are looking for a professional to clean blinds in Dubai, take advice from the experts.